Wednesday, January 28, 2009

CELEB OBSESSED: Jimmy Carter!

UPDATE: I did meet Jimmy Carter at Books and Books many years back at their old Coral Gables location, and he was as kind as could be, even to my mom, who is louder and more enthusiastic than I could ever be.


Hey haters, friends and people who aren't bright enough to understand sarcasm.

This lame-brained, "celeb obsessed" nobody stayed up really late last night to catch Charlie Rose's interview with my favorite famous person ever: President Jimmy Carter.

The interview isn't on his site yet, but please stay tuned. I know Charlie can be a bit of a snooze at times, but this show is undeniably insightful and you'll definitely learn a thing or two (especially the geniuses who anonymously leave me rude comments).
It should be up soon, click here.
That's me down there getting all CRAZY about Jimmy C., the most proactive former pres ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the opportunity to meet President Carter someday. And if you ask to take his photo, and his Secret Service detail respond, "not right now, please, President Carter is having a private conversation with his friend," I hope you do as you did with Matt Damon, i.e. shove your camera at President Carter and flash away.

What a brave political act that will be.

And anyone who takes issue with your sense of etiquette, well, THEY are the rude ones.

Uh huh.

farrahflave said...

OMG! I <3 JIMMY C! HE IS OUR GENERATION'S GANDHI -- especially regarding his insightful SOLUTIONS to the conflict between Palestine and Israel. I am listening to his interview on NPR as I type and he is amazingly articulate and makes the peace process sound so tangible: both sides give up a lil bit of their holy land to the other side in order to connect the West Bank and Gaza for a Palestinian state and END apartheid (yep, that is what is occurring there now: Palestinians are treated as second and third-class citizens in their own land!), while uphold the Jewish state of Israel for a two-state solution. Whether a one-state solution is the ultimate goal is another question that will take a long time to manifest and could only survive through peace and NONVIOLENCE...

CHECK OUT HIS INTERVIEW ON JON STEWART'S DAILY SHOW where he promotes his newest book and suggests US FOREIGN POLICY REFORM: http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=35884&title=former-president-jimmy-carter

farrahflave said...

ooooops that was the older interview from '05. here's the one from the other night: http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=216572&title=jimmy-carter-pt.-1
and try this too for the full episode: http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/index.jhtml?episodeId=216568

EAT said...

I have met Jimmy Carter-- AND HE WAS SUPER NICE TO ME!!! He allowed me to hang out for a little bit and even to let my mom yell about how much she loves him and his wife and that she voted for him twice.

I WIN!