Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bro, seriously sad: Heath Ledger

I, like the rest of the western world, cannot believe that Heath Ledger is dead! C'est si terrible.



A (sort of) retrospective:

10 Things I Hate About You: awesomeness.

The Patriot: not Braveheart, but bearable.

Brokeback Mountain was even too sad a movie for me, and I am a lover of things sad (ballads, Hallmark movies). But it was about gay love, so I was about it.

Heath Ledger was so goddamn good in Brokeback; I couldn't understand a single word that came out of his mouth! I had to rewind that last line 50 times! He was cheated out of the Oscar on that one. And isn't it ironic that Ennis was the one who outlives Jack... something to chew on.

He's supposed to be in a Terry Gilliam movie, too. TG has some luck there with the movies recently. What about that The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, his dream production, that turned into Lost in La Mancha, a boring documentary about a failed movie?

Anyway, I'm sorry you're dead, Heath. I'm sure you're in a better place. Maybe you're luxuriating on Brokeback Mountain! Who knows? I'll drink one for you later.


No comments: