Friday, October 9, 2009

Always something, bro

So, I went down to see a band just signed to Matador the other night, Harlem, at Sweat. Apparently the AC went kaput and the concert was moved to Churchill's. You will hear no complaints from me on that, I love my pitchers of Strongbow.

The problem was that I think I missed the band's performance, because I was doing research on my next greatest idea that in the light of day, and without the haze of alcohol, isn't quite that brilliant. It's not really brilliant at all. Anyway. I did hear some music that was possibly the band, and it was good. The Jacuzzi Boys are sounding a little more refined, a little more Zeppelin, a little less Seeds. I honestly had a great time, but I'm fully blaming that on the dark and stormys I finally managed to make at home and that one delicious Jameson shot I gulped down at the bar. Sure I had five minutes of intense stomach pain after that gulp, but it was worth it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

one of your best posts yet. succinct and eloquent. you are getting your music reviews under control, and i truly enjoy that you drank dark and stormies.

krylonultraflat said...

DARRRKKKK NNNNN' STOMMMEEYYYYY