Thursday, March 11, 2010

Everclear, bro

There are certain performers whose names or faces or mystiques just stick with you for your whole life, like the two Coreys. For me, one of these people is Art Alexakis of Everclear. I never, ever owned an Everclear album, I don't even know if they produced more than one, though I have this feeling there were many. I think it was his striking white hair and Greek name that keeps him lingering in my pop culture memory. That, and once my former roommate referred to herself as "a scared white boy in a black neighborhood" on my answering machine. You make me laugh; I remember.

I preface with this, because Art'll be performing at the Arsht tonight with another dude with a serious name, Ed Kowalczyk from Live (which I liked in middle school and looked down on in high school) and someone from Six Pence None The Richer (why?).

I know, who cares? I don't. I just wanted an excuse to write about Art Alexakis.

No comments: