Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mrs. Ms, bro

This weekend, the lovely Jillian Mayer, dancer, artist, pretty lady, will be performing her very own play, Mrs. Ms, at the Arsht Center. I know you're jealous, because it's pretty rad to have the opportunity to perform at such a sweet venue at the young age that lil' Jillian is, but she's good like that, and you're not (j/k, kinda). The word is that, "Mrs. Ms is a multi-disciplinary experimental work that is a parody on conventional musicals that explores conventional stereotypes about marriage and romantic unions." Thanks to a commission from Miami Light Project, Mayer and two other artists have been able to take part in Here & Now, bringing some seriously promising performing arts to my neighborhood.


I've known Jillian for a long time and so I know that she's one girl that will do it all. She's a break dancer, she does aerial acrobatics and she makes art. WTF? I can barely tie my shoes or braid my hair while listening to music. I'm pretty certain this is going to be a goodie. Here's the New Times notes on the performances. Watch a quick backgrounder on it here.


The first performance is going on right now, but there will be more at 9pm this Friday (tomorrow) and Saturday and one at 4pm on Sunday at the Adrienne Arsht Center, Carnival Studio Theater. It's not free, but it's a world premiere, bitches, so don't be cheap.



1 comment:

ZFrancis said...

Question is, how young is she?