Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hate Show: Feb. 14

My friend Justin Long has curated an exhibit of haters, hatred and just good old fashioned hating. This such an important topic, so worthy of exploration, especially on Valentine's Day, probably the most hated holiday, other than Groundhog Day.

The brilliant thing about Justin is that he really gets to the heart of what things are all about. For instance, in exploring a topic such as hate, instead of going to artists that probably don't think much about hating in a genuine constant, obsessive way, he went straight to the source, and asked regular people, straight haters, like myself, to create something. I think that that is kind of the best idea I've heard in a long time. Honestly. Every art show has the same 20 people showing, over and over, and that's great, but to be honest, this sounds like a lot more fun. I'm sure some of the stuff will offend. Get over it, and come on out. Feel the hate.

No comments: