Thursday, November 5, 2009

What's up in Miami right this very second, well maybe in a few seconds, or days...

I keep starting blogs and not finishing them. Right now I'm going to attempt to write something coherent and publish it. Attempt.

So, tonight, there's an art opening called 305//Neon Life for Francesco LoCastro at Kidrobot. It starts at 6 p.m. and Jose El Rey will be the DJ for the event. I guess LoCastro's show is about the 305, as Miami lovers, it might be neat to check out. I don't understand why Kidrobot doesn't have more events like this. I mean, maybe I'm just out of the loop and they do all the time, but isn't it just the perfect nerd or wannabe nerd gathering spot? They always can bring out a crowd. Some new Japanese toy that literally looks like my ass comes out there's a line around the block. I don't understand, but I get it.

Also, tonight at Electric Pickle, there's a rockabilly thing going on. Not 100% sure about this, but I'm going to swing by. I hear karaoke Miami is making people sing at Ecco Lounge on Thursdays. It's the new restaurant/bar that I haven't been to, but which is owned by the Poplife/PS14 folks. Now I must go, because I am a karaoke fanatic. Neck Face is signing books at OHWOW tonight too, 8 p.m., if you're interested.

Friday night, I think there's an opening at Spinello Gallery, called Littlest Sister, at 7 p.m. The roster is long, very long. You're bound to know someone showing.

On Saturday, Justin Long's show at 20/20 is closing. I'm not sure there'll be oysters this time, but there will be Justin, and that's good enough for me.

Also, there's the Sleepless Nights thing on Miami Beach. I know this event started off weak a few years back, but I have high hopes for it this year. Definitely stop by the Bass Art Museum. Christy Gast will be performing at 9 p.m. and I am saying - go, so go. Also, my buddy Carlos told me he made these gigantic Nirvana tee-shirts that'll be on display there too. The whole thing sounds awesome. Swing by the Art Center to say hi to me on your way down Lincoln.

That's it, I'm publishing this shit right now. Whew. I have almost nothing to do all day, and I manage to get nothing at all done. It's fascinating. Have a good weekend, bro.

No comments: