Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hoofin' it - Luckenbach!

                                 
On the way, or almost on the way between Fredericksburg and Austin is Luckenbach. Maybe you've heard of the place from the Waylon Jennings song, or because it's a Willie Nelson hangout spot. Last time we came through, the place was packed with leather chaps, cowboy hats and Harleys. This time it was pretty quiet, but we got a little, live show and had a Lone Star beer. 

This town is basically a shack or two in the middle of green rolling hills. There's a gift shop, a post office and a few stages where I'm sure there have been more than a few amazing shows performed and enjoyed. 

On the way out I almost drove us off the road. It was both frightening and funny. That's all I have to say about that. 


4 comments:

Jen Gollman said...

Hey - that's my mom singing and my dad sitting there! Cool! :) Go mama! Thanks for posting the video - got a huge kick out of seeing it here!
Jen in NYC

Colette said...

Listen to Sandy belting out another great one! Makes us miss our friends from Richmond Hill!

EAT said...

I'm glad you both found the video! Do you want to give name credits?
It was really wonderful watching this performance! One of the biggest treats of my trip.

Jen Gollman said...

Name credits: Sandy Whitney (the singer) and Duke Whitney (sitting, long hair in ponytail but not playing guitar)