Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ratstock, bro - six hours of Rat Bastard!

So tonight is Ratstock, and if you haven't heard about it, that's ok, because now you have and now you must go. Basically Rat Bastard is going to play six straight hours of music at Churchill's with a revolving repertoire of Miami musicians.

I must reminisce. I first heard the Laundry Room Squelchers when I was 18 and in a creative writing class. My professor made us listen to it and write what we heard or felt or something - it's noise, so it doesn't go over well with the FIU crowd, or most crowds period. It always stayed with me and I've since been to numerous Noise Conferences, it's basically my favorite event besides Basel. I'm proud to be from Miami where we can make all the noise we want and it's always cool.

Here's the lineup: Weird Aleister Crowley, Pat McGuire, Ravelstein, John and Jim Camacho, Ed Wilcox, Dan Hosker, ZAC, Alex Diaz, Amanda Green, Bamboon I Quit Music, Kenny Millions, Ryan Flux, Sharlyn Evertsz, Steve Bristol, Even Pseudo-Friends Don't Sue Friends, Ed Wilcox, Rooster Walked in, Brian, Crack with a Bum, Josh Xmas, And So's Your Mother, Harpo, J.R. "BOB" DOBBS, go cherry rick


No comments: