Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Target ruins Anna Sui, bro

I went to Target to check out the Anna Sui line. I am a huge fan. When I was 14, I bought my first Sui tee-shirt at her store in Soho. I keep it, not because it still fits me, but because it's still such a great piece of clothing. If I breed, I'd like to pass it on to my child, male or female.

I've been excited about the new line for weeks, but I must admit, it leaves something to be desired. I think that they kind of skimped on the fabrics and the designs are extreme. You could buy these same looks vintage for the cheaper. I saw one shirt that I loved, but I have no money either way, so my opinion is just that, a useless opinion.

The line is inspired by Gossip Girl, a show worshiped by gays and teens. So, naturally I just expected more. I still want to buy some couture Anna, but until then, no Target Sui for me.

No comments: