Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stuff I'm actually excited about

9/19 at Sweat Records and 9/20 at Miami Beach Cinematheque
My friend Josh received a sweet grant to make a movie here in the MIA a few months back, maybe it was a year ago - I have no concept of time. The experimental film is called Interiors of the Liquid Gap, shot in Super 8 and 16 mm, focused on Cuban exiles. I'll write more soon. Josh Weissbach and Ben Balcom are going on a film tour through 18 states, Heap Us 'Round Our Ruins, to showcase the flick. Read about their tour here.
9/23 - It's the Wizard of Oz's 70th year anniversary! Celebrate at the Regal Cinema on Lincoln. I'm considering doing Dark Side of Oz/Dark Side of the Rainbow on my ipod. Hopefully it'll make me feel 18 again. Not that 18 was great, but Pink Floyd still is (no hating, haters).

9/27 - Ken Burns' The National Parks, America's Best Idea airs. CANNOT WAIT! I couldn't agree with Burns more - America is freaking beautiful and NPS protects and preserves our parks. They are one great reason why the federal government needs money. Lower taxes, come at the expense of the parks. The government doesn't have enough money to keep the them in tip top shape, or to hire enough rangers, so organizations like the National Parks Conservation Association pick up the slack. It's a good thing to watch, and beautiful.

No comments: