Tuesday, October 14, 2008

As things would happen...

I actually have a few things I'd like to post, but in the wake of getting laid off, I have not only had the brakes go on my car, but now my computer isn't turning on. Yeah. So, I'm laying back for the moment. I'm going to pray that it's nothing serious and that my lil' electronic baby will be up and running in no time. Beside that, I've been drunk for about a week since I lost my job, and I seriously think that I barfed my brains out on Sunday night, onto car and street, and then laughed about it. I say "think," because I realized this happened in flashbacks 24 hours later. My memory was refreshed by watching a Chinese guy repeatedly throw up from over-drinking in the movie Happy Together.
On a related note... Happy Together was visually interesting and just sad. It's gay, Chinese, and sexy (check it out if you're any of those). It was one of those movies you watch and you're like, yes, I know how bad that feels to: a. get dumped by the same person again and again, b. be stuck in a foreign country and wish you were home, c. like someone who only likes you as a friend, d. be in love with someone who super sucks... and the list goes on like that. The fact that it's filmed beautifully and the acting is more than convincing allows it to be a little slow moving. It really comes together in the end in a way that makes sense for the characters and for the viewers who just wants to not feel like plunging a knife into our own hearts anymore. Basically, it's really an uplifting story of hope.

1 comment:

krylonultraflat said...

your roomate fits all of those descriptions for liking that movie, although he said it was really crazy.