Thursday, October 9, 2008

Balbone, bro

I want to tell you about Michael Balbone, a local, Connecticut raised artist who I've known for many, many years. There's trillions of reasons to like Mike; he's cute, he makes great art, his name has the word bone in it. Can you ask for more? Mike works alongside Emily Martinez to create funny and interesting works of art out of trash as Balbone Martinez
How about this one... tell me you've never felt this way before.

Let me repeat, "Even when I was high on Tina, bent over the massage table, I knew I was filled with Christ's love."

I mean, I know we've all been there, right? Am I right? Right? (Silence)

Well anyway, Mike and Emily make some thoughtful pieces together and you can't beat recycled art. I mean, it's environmentally friendly and fun to look at. Check out their store on Etsy too, here, or visit them on Lincoln Road at Art Center South Florida. 

They have a few shows coming up that you should visit: Bakehouse Art Complex this Saturday during the Art Walk, 561 NW 32nd Street
and 
ALL OF THE ABOVE October 7 - October 24th, 2008, Gallery Hours: M,W,R,F 9am-2pm; T 10am-6pm, Broward College, Fine Arts Gallery (Building 3), A Hugh Adams Central Campus, 3501 SW Davie Road.

No comments: