Monday, June 2, 2008

Seriously cool. If you don't go, I will beat your ass

The amazing trio: Oly, Nathan, and Danny L. will be performing inside of a plexiglas box as part of an installation at the MOCA in North Miami on June 28 at 2 p.m. I know it's hard for you to drag your ass out the door before 11:30 at night, but it's worth a try for these three. This piece is the work of Rirkrit Tiravanija: UNTITLED 1996 (REHEARSAL STUDIO NO. 6 Silent Version). Musicians play inside the box, and you can hear their performance on headphones on the outside.

Also, check out the current exhibition, which apparently is defintely worth seeing: Sympathy for the Devil: Art and Rock and Roll Since 1967. I'm sorry I missed the opening, but luckily, my lovely friend, Nicolette, delivered to me a thoughtful poster: What Would Neil Young Do? He's kind of a hero of mine and oh man, Harvest Moon makes me cry everytime I hear it. How can you not love a Canadian that wrote "Southern Man" and a fuck-you-Bush-anti-war album Living With War?

2 comments:

swampthing said...

thanks, but I'm still grappling with Moca-itis. Only the affected know how moca flushes art-soldiers down the toilet.

Billermo said...

as a side note: OLY and Nathan, will be playing not inside a plexiglass box at the Dorsch Gallery this saturday at 9ish. for the closing of our wacky ass exhibit.