Friday, June 13, 2008

Watch your delicious, feathered ass Chick-fil-A, 'cause McD's is bringing it

Here's my second guest blog entry (the first was in regard to ScarJo's wannabe Waits album by Tyler Lovejoy). I believe this is a topic of great personal and culinary importance which needs to be shared with the world. If you are a lover of Chick-fil-A, you MUST read this.

By Marco O'Toole

fresh off gettin a solid pump on at the gym, i sauntered down the street to MickeyD's (as is my wont) to get my requisite protein in a box. i decided i'd try the new Southern Style Chicken Sandwich (as opposed to my usual post-gym QPw/C- Quarter Pounder with Cheese) and was taken aback by the salty, sweet juiciness of the delicious smackeral of a sandwich the likes of which can only be rivaled by that most hallowed of Chick sangwiches - The Original Chicken Sandwich from Chick-fil-A (the McD-version even has the signature 2 pickle slices with a sweet soft buttery bun)....The Original Chicken Sandwich still reigns supreme, but needless to say the next time i get a hankerin for fried poultry on a Sunday, i won't be left cursing the heavens that Chik-Fil-A is owned by a religious zealot...i'll simply mozy on down to the House That Kroc Built and stuff my fat maw with their newest treat

1 comment:

Sphincterman said...

Must agree...Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwiches are par excellence, whereas McDonald's faithful imitations come off as quaint but hardly earth-shattering.

The accessibility of McDonald's Sweet-and-sour sauce when ordering the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich must not be understated. Together, you possess the combinition of two of God's chosen flavors. The only difficulty involved with enjoying my sandwich was restraining myself from finishing in three large bites.

I'm sure there are many in Chick-Fil-A's flock who snickered when they noticed the unveiling of McDonald's doppelganger. Pride in the franchise aside, they should rejoice in the propagation of an American invention even Thomas Edison would applaud. I will always devoutly head toward the red-and-white cursive emblem whenever I really need a pick-me-up manifested in a chicken sandwich, chicken nuggets, waffle fries and/or Polynesian sauce.