Thursday, September 18, 2008

Miami weekend, bro

As you might know, I'm outta here in 2 hours for about 30 minutes in NYC and 2 days at the lovely Liza's wedding on Block Island. I know I've been playing politico lately, but I'm taking a break right now, right here, just to tell you that this weekend Afrobeta will be doing the Friday night concert at Vagabond with the cheap beer (get there early and make a night of it), Modernage will be playing Poplife and Hercules and Love Affair will be at Vagabond-Back Door Bamby on Saturday (should go).

I have no non-party things I know of going on. I wish I did. If I hear of anything, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

swampthing said...

block island rocks.
we used to go there in the 80's.
What's it like today?

Anonymous said...

Block Island is absolutely beautiful, probably like it was 20 yrs ago, but it is so very expensive. It was a drag to get out there, but worth it in the end. The seafood was fabulous. Mmmm... clam chowder.