Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rudy Crew: the man in the mirror

I guess the Miami-Dade County Public School Board fired their Superintendent, Rudy Crew, yesterday. I tried calling my mom to get teacher feedback on this, but she's ignoring me. They paid him out about $300k... money taken directly from classrooms and teacher salaries. I believe that they really, really hate him. I say, fuck the teachers, let them buy their own supplies, they don't need cars that drive, or to live in houses. I'm sure they'll be fine on the streets with unpaid college debt. Way to educate, Rudy.

I do have a Rudy Crew story of my own. They were having a School Board meeting at my place of employment, and he was parked illegally outside the building. I was asked to move his car for him. Of course he drives a monstrous SUV that smelt of dogs, but the real pleasure was when I turned the car on, MJ blared from the speakers: "I'm looking at the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways..." I almost shit myself. I guess Rudy couldn't change his ways. He's outta luck; bye bye.