Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oxford: Pub Crawl

We took the bus to Oxford for a pub crawl. It was a beautiful town, and an hour and half bus ride from London.
This guy reminds me of an ex of mine. I love this trio of holy ladies in stained glass. The building was over 1,000 years old, converted into a church.
The Bear was awesome with low ceilings and friendly staff, founded in 1242. Visitors' have cut off their ties over the years, and they're displayed on the walls. I drank a yummy Fuller's ESB on tap at the suggestion of the bartender. We went to a few places but I liked The Bear the best. The Eagle and Child was very pleasant too, and a hang out for Tolkien and Lewis. We got some tips from a NY Times article, click here. Can't remember much else, because I got a little drunk.



No comments: