Sunday, September 14, 2008

Stolen from Sweat, bro

I have stolen some information off the Sweat Records blog. I have some commentary on the following upcoming events.

Henry Rollins, I love you. Of course the sexy man, Rollins, is coming to town when I'm outta town. My brother saw him in DC last year outside his apartment and totally
didn't give him my number, WHICH SUCKS! I was like, Jim, I'm single and entering/exiting my prime baby-making years, couldn't you have hooked it up? I guess not. You all can see him this weekend.
SEPTEMBER 27th + SEPTEMBER 28th @ REVOLUTION: HENRY ROLLINS. 7pm. 200 W Broward Blvd, Ft. Lauderdale. www.jointherevolution.net

Potheads, yo!
SEPTEMBER 27th @ FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH: CHEECH & CHONG'S LIGHT UP AMERICA comedy tour! 6pm. 1700 Washington Ave, Miami Beach.

All things Obama are all things good. Fight for justice and diversity and vote responsibly. You can read and share about the fabulous candidate at Sweat.
OCTOBER 8th @ SWEAT RECORDS: The SWEAT BOOKS BOOK CLUB meets to discuss "THE AUDACITY OF HOPE" by BARACK OBAMA! 8pm. 5505 NE 2nd Ave.

Be a part of art:
OCTOBER 9th @ SWEAT RECORDS: TM SISTERS LIVE VIDEO-MIXING AT SWEAT RECORDS FOR A FEATURE FILM! Come be an extra in Miami filmmaker AIDEN DILLARD's new art world thriller "DEATH PRINT." 7pm. 5505 NE 2nd Ave.

Common is nice looking.
OCTOBER 10th @ FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH: COMMON with N*E*R*D. 1700 Washington Ave, Miami Beach.

For Nathan:
OCTOBER 10th @ POLISH AMERICAN CLUB: PopLife, The Rhythm Foundation and MAP Magazine present YELLE. 8pm. www.epoplife.com. 1250 NW 22nd St.

Sedaris brings it.
OCTOBER 15th @ KNIGHT CONCERT HALL AT THE ARSHT CENTER: DAVID SEDARIS: "When You Are Engulfed In Flames." 1300 Biscayne Blvd.

Of course you remember Dolly's coming.
OCTOBER 17th @ MIZNER PARK AMPHITHEATER: DOLLY PARTON. 8pm. 590 Plaza Real, Boca Raton.

I find Coldplay to be quite a torturous listen. They lead me to the brink of suicide and tempt me to take the plunge. I think the US government should use their maudlin songs as torture instead of waterboarding.
NOVEMBER 9th @ BANK ATLANTIC CENTER:COLDPLAY. 8pm, 2555 Panther Pkwy.

On the other hand, I still love The Black Crowes. Mostly though I just REALLY love "The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion" album, but I have always been too cheap to go see them live. This time I will make an effort since it's right here on the Beach.
NOVEMBER 11th @ FILLMORE MIAMI BEACH: THE BLACK CROWES. 8pm, 1700 Washington Ave.

This will be worth going to.
NOVEMBER 29th @ CHURCHILL'S: New Art School presents QUINTRON AND MISS PUSSYCAT with THE JACUZZI BOYS and MR. ENTERTAINMENT AND HIS POOKIESMACKERS!! 5501 NE 2nd Ave. www.newartschool.net

4 comments:

Emily Sue said...

Why am I reading about Miami events? I don't know. But Quintron & Miss Pussycat should not be missed, my favorite good time.

Henry Rollins is actually coming to DULUTH! Hell freezes over. I don't think I'm going to go because I'm afraid to go alone to that one. I'm already going to see Neko Case alone on Wednesday for the 3rd time...

There's only so much alone concert going one can do in a super small town where one will likely run into familiar faces and feel stupid. Whine.

Anonymous said...

No way, Emily. You have to go get a glimpse of HR. He's such a hunk. Let me know when he's coming, maybe by then I'll be wealthy and able to afford a $500 ticket from Miami to Duluth. That would truly be the hell freezing over indicator.

Emily Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Sue said...

I've seen HR before, maybe that's why I'm not so pumped about it this time. It's October 23rd. Hey - buy a ticket to Minneapolis and I'll come pick you up to save the extra $200 they charge you to fly 120 miles more. Or save your money for a better vacation (AZ road trip).